Follett Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Follett is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need assistance or an accommodation in the application process due to a disability, please contact us by email or phone.
- Email: Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Request assistance by calling 1.844.324.4748 (HR4U)
- For Hearing Impaired: Dial 7-1-1 or click on the accessibility icon
We are here to answer your questions and provide assistance Monday to Friday, 7am-6pm Central Time, except national holidays.
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the job position or title, and state the nature of your accessibility issue.
Notice on Recruiting Scams
Thank you for your interest in Follett/Baker & Taylor, a Follett Company (“Follett”). We encourage you to explore job opportunities at Follett on our website, www.follett.com/careers.
We caution you to be wary of internet, email and telephone scams in which fraudsters may try to take advantage of job seekers by pretending to represent Follett. We have been made aware of individuals and organizations falsely pretending to recruit on behalf of, or be affiliated with, Follett.
Intended victims have been invited to participate in bogus interviews, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications and have even been issued fake offer letters, all with the ultimate goal of trying to entice victims to divulge sensitive personal information. These communications are fraudulent and do not originate from Follett nor are they associated with our recruitment process. We never ask job applicants for money. Follett will not send you a check (for immediate mobile deposit) to purchase equipment at any point in the recruitment process.
How to Identify Recruiting Scams?
Here are few things to watch for:
- Correspondence from the fraudsters are usually from free email accounts, like Yahoo!, Hotmail or Gmail. A Follett team member will not solicit candidates through a non-Follett email address or phone number. In addition, Follett does not utilize video chat rooms (e.g. Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews or contact potential candidates about a job opportunity via text messaging or instant messaging;
The use of the English language, in written communication, is poor;
Communications that are unsolicited or unexpected or are from an individual or website with which you are unfamiliar or whose domain name is inconsistent with that used by the actual business;
Job opportunities and offers that appear “too good to be true”;
Communications at the application phase requesting your social security number, national insurance number, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive personal information;
Insisting on urgency and that they are very interested in hiring you now; and,
Requesting that you cash a check to purchase office equipment, or send money to Follett to purchase equipment.
Follett has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises interested applicants to follow the guidance provided above.
If you believe you have been a victim of a recruiting scam, please:
- Contact your local law enforcement authorities and file a police report and provide them with all information you may have (email addresses, phone/fax details, etc., copies of emails/letters).
- Contact U.S. Department of Justice at www.stopfraud.gov
- Please email us at email@example.com, and use the term “fraudulent job offer” in the subject/re box.
Follett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
© 2023 Follett Corporation